Posted on #!31Fr, 02 Okt 2020 15:14:00 -1100p0031#31Fr, 02 Okt 2020 15:14:00 -1100p-3-11:003131-11:00x31 02pm31pm-31Fr, 02 Okt 2020 15:14:00 -1100p3-11:003131-11:00x312020Fr, 02 Okt 2020 15:14:00 -11001431410pmFreitag=22#!31Fr, 02 Okt 2020 15:14:00 -1100p-11:0010#Oktober 2, 2020#!31Fr, 02 Okt 2020 15:14:00 -1100p0031#/31Fr, 02 Okt 2020 15:14:00 -1100p-3-11:003131-11:00x31#!31Fr, 02 Okt 2020 15:14:00 -1100p-11:0010# by adventureci
Cook Islands declared COVID-19 Free Zone
2020 has been an exceptional year in many ways. With the virus spreading and life being turned upside down in most parts of the world, the Cook Islands have managed to stay Covid-19 free until today. With Cook Islands borders being closed for visitors since April, the nation’s tourism industry sector is eagerly anticipating the return of visitors in the near future.
Having said that, we acknowledge there will be a constant risk of the virus spreading over to our little paradise once borders re-open.
As such, we take the health and well being of you, our customers and our staff very seriously. We will be following the Cook Islands Ministry of Health, CookSafe and the dive industry guidelines for contact tracing and equipment sanitisation.
We would like to assure all our customers that it will be business as usual and all our dive activities as well as rental and sales operations will go ahead as per normal. However, we will do everything possible to keep you and our staff safe over this Covid-19 period – and beyond.
Our team will be very excited to see you back at our shop, but we must respectfully request anyone who is not feeling well to put their visit to our shop on hold.
We will be operating all our dive trips, PADI courses, introduction dives, snorkel trips as well as rental and sales operations as usual, however we have made some changes in our operating procedures:
- When you enter our shop, please sign in using COOKSAFE contact tracing and use hand sanitizers provided.
- If you want to handle any of our merchandise in the shop, please speak to us first as there may be sanitisation protocols to follow.
- We have implemented increased sanitisation procedures and all rental equipment will be sanitised in sodium hypochlorite (bleach), diluted to 2%, upon return to our shop. This bleach concentration is recommended to inactivate COVID-19 by major equipment manufacturers as well as training organisations and DIVERS ALERT NETWORK (DAN).
- For diving and snorkel trips, we encourage you to follow us to the boat launching spot of the day in your own vehicle (if you have rented a vehicle)
- We encourage you to store your change of clothes in a plastic bags or inside your rental vehicle.